Launch your website, get found on Google and bring more business in.
Can we Google you?
I hope the answer is a big « hell yes! » or you got a problem. If you feel you are missing out business opportunities because you don't have a website or an out of date one, we made this workshop for you.
During the FirePress Workshop, you will learn how to create your website and start a blog if you need it. You will use the platform Ghost which is an open source CMS (content management software) that lets you create a website, manage content like pages and posts. Ghost manage all the technical stuff for you so you can focus on publishing your content.
Unstuck your potential 💡
If you feel stuck and don't know where to start, let us help you. It's all about resolving those little things that prevented you from starting your website till this point.
A wise man once said:
« Some people cannot learn, they are only teachable. »
The good news is that during the FirePress Workshop, "we take you by the hand" and "teach you how to fish". You don't need any experience with websites. We only expect you to be able to send an email to someone else.
Who is it for?
It's for people who:
- Who doesn't want to waste time to set up a website by themselves.
- Who needs to focus once and for all on their site.
- Who doesn't want to rely on someone to update their site.
- Who are not particularly comfortable with technologies.
- Who are not technical.
It's for you:
- The entrepreneur
- The owner of a small or medium business (typically under 75 employees)
- The consultant
- The blogger
- The artist
- The non-profit organization
In small groups
Our workshops are limited to 12 persons. By learning in a small group, you will option the opportunity to go deep, ask questions and have the full attention of our facilitators.
I. SHOWCASE & DEMOS — Small and big companies are using Ghost to manage their websites. Here are a few of them:
- FirePress (yep, it's this very website)
See what they made with Ghost.
III. TRY GHOST ON THE SPOT — We made a website to help you see if Ghost is the right tool for you. In short, you can try Ghost on the spot without having to sign-up!
play-with-ghost.com is a playground to learn about Ghost. What's remarkable here, is that you have the option to log in into the admin panel (dashboard) of each live demo. Just use the dummy credentials.
- Skills — None! No technical or no coding knowledge is required.
- Material — Your laptop during the event. Optionally, you can rent a computer for 125$ for the duration of our workshop. Let us know at least one week in advance.
At the end of the FirePress Workshop, you will be 100% confident in your abilities to create and update your website autonomously for the rest of your life. Publishing on your site will be as easy as sending an email.
You will have the skills to:
- To publish and maintain a website yourself
- To post content on your blog (if needed)
- To set up SEO
- To edit an about page
- To publish a contact page
- To post a service page
- To edit a pricing table
- To publish a portfolio with images
- To post a mobile-friendly site
- To embed YouTube videos
- and so much more!
Here is an exhaustive list of everything you can do with Ghost.
- What will happen after the event? As mentioned in the pricing section, you will have the option to schedule a 30 minutes one-on-one session. It will give you time to play with your new site and gather questions you may have after the workshop.
- You will be supported by a FirePress Customer Hero via email or chat for a whole year. After that year, our standard plans prices with apply.
- We also provide One-on-One sessions with a facilitator from FirePress. See our pricing section.
- (to be determined)
When & Where
- When: (to be determined)
- Where: (to be determined)
The limit date to reserve your place is (to be determined). We will cancel any payments received after this date.
Checkout (to be determined)
We included a lot of stuff around your workshop 📦:
- Amazing facilitators who are passionate.
- Includes a six hours workshop, limited to 12 participants.
- Includes the hosting of your website for one year. See our hosting plans for more details.
- Includes a 30 minutes One-on-One session after the workshop (see two notes below). Optionally, you can buy more time for « One-on-One sessions ». 1) The participants must schedule their One-on-One session within two weeks after the day of the event. 2) The session happens remotely (by phone and by sharing our desktop screens on Team Viewer).
- Includes free access for life to our FirePress Alumni Network on Meetup. It happens twice a year. The purpose is to create a place for exchanging precious feedback and advice about our websites with other people who have the same challenges. It's like doing an audition for your website. It's scary, it's fun, and it's the best way to stopping procrastinate on updating your site. If you ask us, just for this reason, it's worth the cost of this workshop.
- Includes the catering during the event: lunch, coffee, croissant, etc.
- Includes full access to our How-To section.
- Email/chat support.
Are you looking for more than 30 minutes after the FirePress Workshop? Here is how it works.
- Our clients have the option to book a One-on-One session with a facilitator at FirePress at any time. The price is 75$ for the first 30 minutes (minimum session's length) and 35$ for every additional period of 15 min.
- One-on-One monthly package. We also offer an advantageous bank of hours at 995$ for 10 hours when paid in advance. Sessions must be booked for a minimum of one hour.
DO YOU DESERVE A BREAK?
Students, open-source projects, and non-profit organizations can apply for a 30% reduction. Ask us at firepress.org/en/contact/ along little justification.
100% risk-free satisfaction guarantee
📅 Find all FirePress Workshops & free information sessions on our Meetup group.
- We host Meetups in Montreal downtown (Canada).
- We organize English and French Meetup separately.
Our Meetup group is also the best place to keep in touch with our future events. We share very infrequently (because we believe that less is more) updates when all the parts are ready.
Not from Montreal? In the future, we plan to host FirePress Workshops in Toronto, Québec City, New-York and Boston. Stay tuned via the Meetup group.
- We give a free information session to help you decide if you should take the FirePress Workshop or not. Find the next one on our Meetup Group.
- Send us an email on firepress.org/en/contact
Official FirePress Workshop website:
At FirePress, our mission is to empower freelancers and small organizations to build an outstanding mobile-first website.
Because we believe your website should speak up in your name, we consider our mission completed when your site has become your impresario.
If you want to go deeper, we shared our values which are driving the way we take decisions at FirePress.
Who is the host?
FirePress 🔥📰 Workshop
« A Timesaving experience for publishing websites »